Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Update

I haven't been able to do much writing as usual, life decided to tackle me right into the ground and run off with all of my ambition.
Long story short, my mom ended up in the hospital with a nasty infection. She has recovered fortunately, but the entire event tossed me for a loop.

Mostly I've been reading - I've been perusing various books on blogging and writing, and also attempting to spruce up on my grammar a bit. Grammar has always been my foe. Oddly enough, while I am strong in learning rules and patterns, the study of grammar has always been something that has flown right over my head. Fortunately I found a great book called " Woe is I" by Patricia T O'Connor and its excellent at breaking down rules of grammar in a sensible way. I honestly have enjoyed reading it and trying to let some of the rules sink in. I borrowed the copy I am reading from the library, but its definitely going to be a book I will purchase in the future.

Additionally, I've been catching up a bit on my fun reading. I bought Brandon Sanderson's "Mistborn" a few months ago, and started it and got about half way through and then didn't look at it again until recently. Fortunately, while grammar rules escape me, I have a good memory for plots and characters so I was able to pick it right up from where I left off and recall what was going on. Honestly, It's a great book so I'm sorry I haven't finished it yet. If you get a chance, I recommend picking it up.


Well, tonight is just a short post just to keep up on my blog.

Until next time:

Keep reading, keep writing, and take over the world!

No comments:

Post a Comment